The Nonprofit Certificate Program is managed through Appalachian’s accredited MPA program, which has a strong state-wide active network of alumni in the nonprofit sector. The interdisciplinary program of study allows students to take coursework that has a required component and a flexible component to better meet the career needs of each student.
What will you get from App State?
- Expertise in non-profit organizations
- Practical leadership skills and research experience
- Relationships with current and future non-profit leaders
- Face-to-face evening classes with experienced faculty
- Option to count credits towards a full Masters degree
Which 5 classes will you take?
Three Core Classes:
- Grant Writing and Fundraising
- Non-Profit Management
- Applied, project-based research
Two Electives, Choose From:
- Budgeting and Finance
- Social Work
- Others—based on your interests
What do you need to do?
Submit a streamlined application — No test scores required: Click here to begin your application!
- Begin in Fall or Spring semester
- Earn certificate in 12-18 months
- Approximately $1,500 per class